Dr. Ruth Gotian is the Chief Learning Officer and Assistant Professor of Education in Anesthesiology and former Assistant Dean of Mentoring and Executive Director of the Mentoring Academy at Weill Cornell Medicine. She has been hailed by the journal Nature and Columbia University as an expert in mentoring and leadership development and is currently a contributor to Forbes and Psychology Today where she writes about ‘optimizing success’. She also has a weekly show and podcast by the same name where she gathers high achievers to talk about their journey to success. In 2021, she was one of 30 people worldwide to be named to the Thinkers50 Radar List, dubbed the Oscars of management thinking and is a semi-finalist for the Forbes 50 Over 50 list.
Do a passion audit at www.ruthgotian.com/passionaudit
Mike Montague interviews Ruth Gotian on How to Succeed at High Achievement.
In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior, and technique on how to succeed at high achievement
- What success is
- Do something important, not just interesting
- The four pillars of success
- Focus on what you’re good at AND have a passion for
- Develop a team of mentors
- Don’t ask anyone to be your mentor
- Find your North Star
- Ruth’s biggest lesson
- Remember PIE - Performance, Image, and Exposure
- Ruth’s favorite quote
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.